Warm up the winter days by making the best new beef stew recipe. This is really good to having this in a cold evening. The flavors are great, and comforting. so yummy beef stew for dinner!
Serves 8 to 10
4 lbs of Chuck Roast, cut into bite size pieces
¼ cup of All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
2 Onion, cut into bite size pieces
1 lb Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
1 cup of Red Wine
5 Carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
3 Stalks of Celery, cut into bite size pieces
4 Cloves of Garlic, chopped
¼ cup of Tomato Paste
3 1/2 cups of Beef Broth
1 Bay Leaf, dried or fresh
1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme
1 Tbsp of Fresh Rosemary, minced
1 cup of Frozen but thawed Baby Peas
Salt and Pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oil in a large pot over high heat until the oil is so hot and starts to smoke a little.
Add the beef and season with salt and pepper, fry for about 5 to 7 minutes or until well brown on all sides. Take them out of the pan onto a plate and set aside.
3) In the same pan, add the onions, carrots, potatoes, garlic, and celery, also season with salt and pepper and cook for about 5 minutes or until the veggies start to develop some color.
4) Add the flour and stir constantly for about 2 minutes. Add in the wine and use a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom of the pan to loosen all the browned bits.
5) Add in the tomato paste and stir well, add the beef broth, the bay leaf and the thyme and rosemary then bring them to a boil. Add the browned meat in and reduce the heat to low. Put the lid on and cook for about 2 ½ hours checking on it periodically.
6) After 2 ½ hours, remove the lid and turn the heat up to medium high, season and taste, adjust if necessary, add the peas and cook for 2 more minutes.
Ladle up and enjoy!